What dishes do you put cumin in?
- Curried Cumin Potatoes. Curried Cumin Potatoes.
- Chili Cumin Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- Grilled Spicy Lamb Burgers.
- Coriander and Cumin Rubbed Pork Chops.
- A bowl of beef and sausage chili with beans, garnished with a sprig of rosemary.
- Authentic Mole Sauce.
- Ground Turkey Taco Meat.
- Slow Cookier Chicken Tortilla Soup.
What is the seasoning cumin good for?
Using cumin as a spice increases antioxidant intake, promotes digestion, provides iron, may improve blood sugar control and may reduce food-borne illnesses. Taking higher doses in supplement form has been linked to weight loss and improved blood cholesterol, though more research is needed.
What flavor does cumin add?
Cumin has a slightly sweet, warming flavour with a nutty element, and these qualities mean it’s often seen as a savoury alternative to cinnamon. It works particularly well with chilli flakes, as they bolster the natural spicy flavour and add a rich, earthier tone.